Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Eating healthy on a budget
Some more good suggestions from AmericanProfile.com:
With some planning and commitment to eating healthy, you can still do it on a budget.
Here are some suggestions:
* Cook at home and focus on fresh, natural foods vs. processed ones.
* Buy in bulk (brown rice, beans, etc.)
* Make extra when items are on sale (i.e. cook extra turkey for lunches, turkey soup and turkey chili...etc)
* Buy items such as olive oil, nuts, dried fruits, canned fish and juics when they are on sale and stock up.
* Use leftovers creatively (use leftover meatloaf and spahgetti sauce to make a second dinner).
* Buy cheaper cuts of meat to use in a slow cooker or to marinate.
* Prepare meatless meals occasionally (i.e. a meatless stew with a side salad).
You can be creative, eat foods that taste good and are good for you and still save money!