If you are like me, you want to exercise...you have great intentions, but it's tough to find the time to fit it in with work, family, etc...I will admit I'm doing better - gym a couple of times a week and one yoga class per week.
But anything that augments this effort would be really helpful!
AZ Magazine (3/12) suggests avoiding sitting as often as possible. They state that "a sedentary lifestyle can be as dangerous as smoking." Here are some ways to burn calories by simply NOT sitting!
- Get up from your chair - even if you just stand and do absolutely nothing, you will burn calorie per minute more than sitting and doing nothing.
- Set a timer to remind you to get up and fill a water bottle or take a walk around the house/office.
- Do simple stretches at work/home.
- Stand up while you talk on the phone (even stretches while you are talking).
- Exercise while watching TV - standing, stretching and even doing hand weight lifts.
Stand up for yourself and lose some pounds!