The Oprah Magazine (3/12) offers some great ways to donate those items you find in your spring cleaning/foraging so that they find good uses/reuses! Some of the ideas:
- Donate gently used baby/toddler clothes your children have outgrown (sizes 0 to 12 months) via www.lovedtwice.org.
- Have old tape dispensers, dried-up pens or highligthers or even old 3-ring binders? Check on www.terracycle.net to donate these for recycling into park bences, flowerpots and plastic lumber!
- Drop of old towels and blankets at a local animal shelter to make comfy beds for animals housed in kennels with concrete floors.
- Old and even broken mobile phones can be donated at www.hopephones.org to allow medical workers in 14 developing countries to text each other re: patients and treatments!
- Don't need that old iPod or some old DVDs any longer? Go to www.tunes4thetroops.com to find out how to ship these directly to U.S. soldiers stationed in Kuwait, Afghanistan or Africa.
- Old baseball bats, balls, and gloves can be donated at www.pitchinforbaseball.org for distributed to impoverished kids worldwide!