Thursday, August 27, 2009
Saving on Power...
Yes, I know...another late post, but still on the right date...blame it on the wisdom teeth!
Our local magazine, "AZ", has some ways to save money and power on your heating and cooling:
* Upgrade your windows (expensive but helpful in the long run)
* Use mesh shade screens and/or awnings on your windows.
* Caulk around your windows and use weather-stripping around your doors (this is less expensive and a definite DIY deal!)
* Insulate & tighten up AC ducts
* Set your water heater temp to 120 degrees
* If you have an attic, make sure it is well-ventilated
* Use ceiling fans
Start with the easy ones and save for the bigger projects!