Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick, filling and healthy breakfast ideas!


I've recommended the hungry-girl.com site several times and will do so several more no doubt! In fact you can sign up for their recipes and food finds emailed to you daily by going to hungry-girl.com...WAIT! Don't go yet...finish this post first!

A sampling of great filling yet low-cal recipes from this site caught my eye in a recent issue of "Redbook" magazine. My favorite:

Turkey Scramble - In a large skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook 2 oz raw lean ground turkey with a dash of salt and pepper. Add 5 egg whites and scramble...mix in 2 chopped-up slices of cooked turkey bacon and then top off with 1/2 cup chopped tomato (yuck - I'm not a tomato fan, but I know many of you are!) and another sprinkle of salt and pepper (only 250 calories, 9.5 g. fat)!

Another great idea is the "Oat-rageous chocolate-chip pancakes" - OK, NOW go to the hungry-girl site!

No comments:

Post a Comment