Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Breakfast is served!
I loved an idea I just saw in the May 2011 issue of "Redbook" magazine and your family might think it's fun too. Set up a pancake buffet filled with items to add to the batter. Everyone gets to pick their favorites. Here are some suggestions:
- Fresh fruit (mmm...orange zest or berries sounded good!)
- Chopped nuts
- Dried fruit (maybe cranberries?)
- Chocolate chips (or white chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch chips)
- Spices - cinnamon or nutmeg?
- Extracts - almond, vanilla, peppermint (just go light on these or it will overwhelm your diners)
Check out redbookmag.com for sauces to top your pancakes off! This could be a great idea for slumber parties or the morning after prom, etc. The possibilities are endless!