Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Movie munchies less the guilt!
One of the toughest places to go when you are watching your calories is a movie theatre! You are a captive audience surrounded by junk food addicts. Next time try these ideas courtesy of
* Pass on butter on your popcorn (will reduce fat and calories in a huge way!)
* Nachos are a "no-no" - just a tub of waxy, fatty pseudo-cheese anyway!
* Choose diet soda or water when getting a beverage.
* Bring in your own snacks...easy enough to smuggle a mini bag of microwave popcorn, unsalted nuts or other healthier choices.
* And, if you absolutely have to have some sweets, split the goodies with a friend or opt for smaller boxes of lower calorie candies such as Sour Patch Kids...
And, remember, you went to a movie...not a meal! (I know...chocolate makes everything better!).