Monday, May 4, 2009

Charity starts at home...(and in school!)





OK...I am just a shameless bum this week, but hey, I have a really big job interview so bear with me. I can't save money if I don't earn any! When I wrote my blog on charitable giving when you really can't afford it, I inadvertently left out another great organization! Check out www.DonorsChoose.org to make donations to educational projects of your choice in your school district or even another one.

And, why you ask, did I suddenly remember this site? Well, I've donated on it in the past, but as I am on their email list, I also received an early birthday card with the following write-up (also had a cute birthday cake on it, but didn't know how to move it from e-mail into my blog...oh well!):


"IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Okay, maybe it's not just yet. No matter the date, we hope you'll ask for the best gift of all from your friends and family: help for public school kids.

To join The "Give-Back" Birthday Party:

Create your very own Giving Page, filled with classroom projects you love. Takes 1 minute.


Share your page with friends and family. They can then donate to it as your birthday gift.


Celebrate! You've used your special day to give back, and that's a great reason to party.

Please consider donating your birthday today, even if it's a few months away. It's your birthday and you'll start celebrating if you want to!"

So please check out this great site...there's a lot of kids and teachers that will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment