Saturday, May 9, 2009

Picture Perfect!



Mother's Day seems a logical time to discuss inexpensive and easy ways to scrapbook and create professional-looking photo albums. I have boxes and shelves of scrapbooking paraphernalia but never have enough time to work on all of the photos collected over the years. I have the past few years covered pretty well and both kids' births...that leaves a lot of time (oh, say about 15 years in total) in between!

Given my general lack of creative ideas for these projects, I tend to stop after doing one or two pages...so I was pleased to find I could do these projects online with my digital photos and my finished product looked great! The cost involved isn't really prohibitive when you consider that you don't have to buy the "doo-dads" and paper and put all the time into it...yet you still get to add your personal touches!

My favorite so far is Shutterfly - they run frequent deals to those who sign up on the site (no membership fee required) and offer photo gift items as well as photo books. Other sites include Snapfish (they have a special background for books that if you order a book with it, 50% of the proceeds go to fight women's cancers), Kodak (there's a big surprise!), American Greetings PhotoWorks, Walgreens (cheapest by far pricewise and quickest delivery!).

Check these out at the following websites:

www.shutterfly.com
www.snapfish.com
www.kodakgallery.com
www.photoworks.com
www.photo1.walgreens.com

Let me know what you think...if you have any great pages we can post send them to me at HBEdm@aol.com and I will show them off for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment