Friday, June 19, 2009
Cutting the Tab when Eating Out
I've covered a number ways to save money when dining out (the Entertainment Book, coupons, and Restaurant.com), but ran across a few additional ones suggested by Donna L. Montaldo at About.com:
* If you are trying an expensive restaurant, go for a late lunch rather than go when the higher-priced dinner menu is out.
* If you are taking kids along, check for kids' night deals - i.e. free kid's meals for each adult entree purchased.
* Limit purchases of alcoholic beverages - they really add to your bill!
* Take home a doggie bag of leftovers - gives you an extra lunch or dinner and makes the cost of dining out more palatable.
* Ordering a meal at a nice restaurant and splitting it with a friend or spouse may actually be cheaper than both of you buying a meal at a fast food place.
* If you want the ambiance of dining out without the expense, go to a nice place, order a house salad, a nice appetizer, water with a lemon slice and get refills on the free bread!
* Seniors - don't be afraid to shave $ off your bill by playing the age card!
Any other suggestions?