Saturday, January 16, 2010
And when spring cleaning is done...decorate!
As an avid reader of all things "cheap and easy" (well, except Playboy and the like!), I ran across another money (and face) saving article in the 2/1/10 issue of Woman's Day...(yep, just skip my blog and subscribe!...kidding, just kidding!).
Check out the complete article for all 50 cheap and easy decorating ideas, but here are a few of my absolute favorites:
* Add plants to your rooms - they filter out pollutants and "add life" to your home. (ok, my friends know I have the exact opposite of a green thumb, but they do suggest money plants and spider plants as they are the easiest to care for)!
* Move your furniture around...give it a different look with the stuff you have!
* Give a new look to your kitchen by filling clear glass jars with grains, coffee, tea, etc. (hint - check out IKEA)
* Don't replace carpets - get them professionally cleaned (or do it yourself to save a few more dollars) and/or layer a rug on top of them!
* Put out fresh flowers & guest soaps in your bathroom...look like it is guest-ready all of the time...
* Make windows look taller simply by raising your curtain rods!
See the article for even more amazing ideas...you won't believe you didn't think of them yourself...so simple and yet so cool!