Saturday, January 30, 2010

By (or is that "buy"?) the book


I am an avid reader and love real books (not the "e-books" or audiobooks) - the ones where you can feel the texture of the pages, smell the mustiness of an old volume...and I read everything from mysteries, to biographies; from history to "how to train dogs" (and FYI, that one didn't work!).

I've said before that I love used book stores and picking up used books at the library sale or garage sales. But every now and then there is a book that I absolutely want to own (or buy new for someone as a gift). I am a Barnes & Noble fan and prefer their cafe to any other chain, but I must admit that given my limited purchasing these days, I really can't justify paying for a membership there. They want $25 (might have changed since I used to pay for it!) to provide you with a 20% discount on any purchase you make. That isn't a bad deal if you are a frequent shopper!

I am slowly leaning toward Borders though as their membership is free and you earn rewards...really good coupons to use in the store or online. My deals come out better this way, but again, consider your book/music/gift shopping habits to determine which option is most cost-effective for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment