Sunday, January 3, 2010

Being Green and Saving Green


Now, as my friends know, I am not "super-housewife" - I am not fond of cooking, interior decoration is beyond my budget at the moment and I am always up for a good Martha Stewart joke...OK, now I will eat my words (since I can't cook, that's my best bet!) - First, I actually prepared a simple, yet impressive meal, from a recent issue of Martha's magazine and my son (who can cook) went back for seconds. Further into said issue (sorry, I neglected to record the precise date, but it is most likely the October or November '09 issue) there was an article about conserving resources in your home - good for both the environment and your budget!

Suggestions included:

* Switching to a "smart" power strip - they save elecricity while protecting your electronics. They recommended Belkin's Conserve surge protector ($50 at www.belkin.com).

* Opting for "low-flow" fixtures in your bathrooms to cut water usage...every little bit helps! These include low-flow showerheads and dual-flush toilets.

Check out tips for all the rooms in your house at www.wholeliving.com/green-home.

No comments:

Post a Comment