Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spring Cleaning AND a Show!?


First, let me preface this by acknowledging that I do realize it is not spring yet. For those of you in chillier climates, however, I am sure you would agree that our 70-degree weather in Phoenix could be considered spring (even summer for some of you)!

That said, I continue...I spent a good portion of the past weekend cleaning and reorganizing the garage. This is not a small task since (a) it is a 3-car garage and (b) none of our cars can fit in it yet! And, in yet another burst of enthusiasm aimed at saving money this year, I emptied out and canceled our storage unit at our local U-Haul.

The idea that this could be a fun project never (nope, not even once!) crossed my mind. But soon everyone in the family was rummaging through boxes... Legos, stuffed animals, movie ticket stubs, school concert programs...it became cleaning and a family event all at once! Too bad cleaning the kitchen or their rooms doesn't hold the same appeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment