Monday, June 20, 2011

Good, clean fun! (and I'm talking soap!)


I'll admit it...Martha Stewart is becoming a standard topic with me...but you have to agree, she has some pretty "hip" ideas even if she is a bit out of my league! One of my favorite articles in her magazine was about how to make pretty scented soaps out of ingredients you probably already have at home or can easily get at the grocery store.

You can get the soap base (glycerin soap) in craft shops - you melt it and mix in pureed fruits and/or herbs and mold them in household containers to make soaps with great scents and a pretty look!

Among the add-ins she suggests: lemon peel, grapefruit peel, pureed berries or herbs such as thyme, basil, mint or sage...lovely to set out in a guest bathroom or to use in your bathroom or kitchen!

For more "how-to's" and for tips on wrapping your soap bars, check out:

www.marthastewart.com/soap/crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment