Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reality TV meets Penny Pinching?


This is one of those "I wish I'd thought of that!" moments! In checking out one of the newer frugal living sites I visit online, I discovered that there is a new show on TLC called "Extreme Couponing"...
I have yet to watch it (and probably never will...sort of tired of reality TV), but they noted that these coupon clippers will buy anything that is on sale. That is so unprofessional in the Penny Pincher's opinion.

Why buy something you will never use? I only clip for items I will use (I might test a different brand, but it's still something I will use)! The only exception is when there is a great deal on something that I will donate to a food bank or similar agency. I already spend about 2 hours per week tracking deals and about 20 minutes in the checkout lane...can't imagine pushing it into a full-time job!

But, I've been known to eat my words (plus brownies that are on sale!)...if you've watched this show and have input about this topic, please post it! And if you haven't watched it, check out the website at
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing

Maybe there are some deals on there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment